Greenplace Terrace Closure November 5th
November 2, 2022
Greenplace Terrace will be temporarily closed on Saturday, November 5th, starting at 10:30am for the Fallsmead Elementary Falcon Fun Run. Runners will be racing along Greenplace Terrace from the Fallsmead Bus Loop to Wootton Parkway and back. The Fallsmead PTA has asked that you make necessary car arrangements so that the race can start on time. Visit www.fallsmeadpta.org
for more information.
Fallsmead Park Fall Cleanup Canceled
November 2, 2022
The Park Cleanup scheduled for Saturday, November 5th, has been canceled. The cancelation is attributable to both the generally good condition of the park after a mild summer storm season, as well as the ongoing bridge construction. We hope you can join us for the Spring Cleanup.
Pipestem Culvert Bridge Construction Update
September 14, 2022
The long-awaited construction of a new pedestrian bridge at the Pipestem Place entrance to the park, replacing the old culvert frequently overwhelmed by rains and runoff, commenced on August 24 and is going very well, its progress helped by a stretch of fine weather.
During the coming weeks, the park certainly won't be looking its best. But the promise of a lovely new bridge, and the planned plantings of some 33 new trees (plus 150 smaller seedlings and live stakes) to partially make up for trees that unfortunately needed to be removed, will reward our patience.
The project’s Forest Conservation Plan, along with other documents, is available to residents by clicking here
Weather permitting, we hope to complete the project - which includes major stream restoration work - by the end of November.
The Fallsmead neighborhood Facebook group will continue to offer updates on progress. (Click here
to see some of the photos from the Facebok group.)
Finally, three safety reminders:
- The paths around the pond are closed off for safety. We've had reports of walkers sidling along the few inches between the fencing and the pond and using the fence as a handhold to avoid slipping off the bank, pulling the fence down in the process. Please stay clear of the area.
- Construction equipment is the property of our contractor, Triangle Construction, and should not be tampered with or climbed upon.
- The Pipestem Place entrance to the park is closed 24/7, seven days a week, until the project is finished. Please find an alternate route into the park.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact Pat Donohue or Bill Scharf, the Fallsmead Project Representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Neighborhood Needs YOU
May 28, 2022
April 27, 2022
Did you see the new article featuring Fallsmead in the Washington Post
? Click here
to give it a read!
It has been a long time since we got a write-up like that in the Post
. Click here
for the last one that we know of from way back in 2002 (copied from an actual hard-copy paper, no less!).
Trucks in Fallsmead
January 21, 2021
The Board of Directors adopted in December 2020 a new "Overnight Garaging of Trucks & Commercial Vehicles Rule & Regulation" regarding the interpretation of Article VII, Section 4 of the Covenants that address overnight parking of commercial vehicles and trucks to define the terms “commercial vehicles” and “trucks” as used in the Covenants.
Under the new Rule and Regulation, the following vehicles are required to be garaged overnight:
- Commercial vehicles;
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) rating of 8,500 pounds or greater; and
- Any vehicle with a GVW rating under 8,500 pounds with an exposed flat/cargo bed, and/or physical divider between the passenger cab area and the other portion of the vehicle, unless the flat/cargo bed is covered with a fitted and intact covering, such as a tonneau cover or cap no higher than the cab, provided the covering is used to cover the flat/cargo bed overnight, or the flat/cargo bed is kept empty overnight.
Trucks as defined in the new Rule and Regulation with a GVW under 8,500 do NOT have to be garaged overnight if they have a cover over their cargo bed or their truck bed is empty.