Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions page! We consider this page to be a constant work in progress. . .we want to know what questions you want to see here so that we can always keep it updated with the most important information for Fallsmead residents. 
Are we missing something, or does something need to be updated? Let us know by clicking on the Communications/Website link on the Contact Us page.

Architectural Control Committee (ACC)
  • chevron_rightWhat is the ACC, and why does it exist?
    The ACC is a committee of the Fallsmead Board of Directors, made up of community representatives, that has been tasked with enforcing Fallsmead's architectural guidelines, rules, and regulations. The By-Laws and Covenants (Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Article VI) establish the ACC and require homeowners to request review and approval of certain proposed exterior alterations, additions, or changes prior to undertaking such work. It is the policy of the Fallsmead Homes Corporation and the Board of Directors that the neighborhood, and the structures therein, be well maintained so as to foster a sense of community pride and maintain general property values.
  • chevron_rightI want to make changes to the exterior of my house. What do I do?
    Requests for proposed architectural/exterior changes must be submitted to a member of the ACC via an ACC Request Form at least thirty (30) days prior to the start of work. The ACC Request Form is included in every issue of the Fallsmead Forum or can be found by clicking here. ACC Request Forms may also be obtained from any member of the ACC. Each review request must identify the nature and scope of the architectural/exterior change requested (including the type and color of materials to be used), and, if applicable, include architectural drawings. The ACC will review the request and approve or disapprove the proposed changes within thirty (30) days of receipt of the request.
  • chevron_rightWhen do I have to submit an ACC Request Form?
    According to Article VI of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, except as otherwise provided in the By-Laws and Covenants, no building, fence, wall, slab, driveway, or other structure can be built without prior ACC approval. Moreover, no exterior additions or other changes or alterations, including a paint color change, can be made without first getting approval from the ACC.
  • chevron_rightIs this a lengthy process?
    Most of the time, no.  Although Article VI of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions states that the ACC has 30 days to respond from the time it receives a request, the ACC will often process it more quickly. If your contractor needs a firm starting date, please submit your request even earlier to allow for any delays that may occur. For more information, click here to see Article VI, Section 3, of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions.
  • chevron_rightWhen do I NOT have to get ACC approval for exterior changes?
    You do NOT have to submit an ACC Request Form if you are doing any of the following (click here for more detailed information from Article VI of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions):
    • Fences, as long as they are post and split rail type, wooden and unpainted, not exceeding four feet in height, and located no closer to the street than the front of the house.
    • Patios and decks, as long as they are located behind the house, are adjacent to or adjoining the house, are 500 square feet or less in size, and have no railings or attachments that exceed four feet in height above the patio or deck surface.
    • Exterior painting if there are no color changes.
    • Mailboxes, as long as they are standard size, mounted on a wooden or metal post, and in keeping with the colonial nature of the community.
  • chevron_rightIs there anything specifically prohibited in our neighborhood?
    The following architectural/exterior changes are prohibited by Article VI of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions:
    • Satellite dish antennas that exceed one meter in diameter.
    • Driveway expansions that permit additional off-street parking.
    • Fences other than wooden, unpainted post and split rail type. An exception to this has been made for property lines adjacent to Wootton Parkway, Falls Road, or neighborhoods other than Fallsmead, where stockade fences not to exceed six feet in height have been allowed, subject to ACC approval.
    The following items and activities are specifically prohibited by Article VII of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions:
    • No commercial vehicles of any type can remain overnight unless garaged.
    • No trucks, trailers, or unlicensed motor vehicles of any type can remain overnight unless garaged.
    • No boats of any type are permitted for more than 14 days unless garaged, or screened in a manner acceptable to the ACC.
    • No extensive work such as dismantling and repairing of motor vehicles, boats, or machinery of any type can be done outdoors.
    • No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind can be kept or maintained except for dogs, cats, and household pets. No dogs, cats, or household pets may be kept or maintained for a commercial purpose.
    • No outdoor storage of unused building materials.
    • No window air conditioning units.
    • No noxious or offensive activities that are an annoyance or nuisance to Fallsmead residents.
    • No outdoor storage of trash, recycling, or receptacles for trash or recycling, unless stored behind screening in a manner acceptable to the ACC.
  • chevron_rightCan I build a fence around my yard?
    Yes. However, all fences must be post and split rail type, wooden and unpainted, not exceeding four feet in height, and located no closer to the street than the front of the house. (Click here to see Article VI of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions.)

    An exception to this has been made for property lines adjacent to Wooton Parkway, Falls Road, or neighborhoods other than Fallsmead, where stockade fences not to exceed six feet in height have been allowed, subject to ACC approval.
  • chevron_rightHow do I properly store my trash cans outside of my house?
    Outside storage of trash cans, prohibited by the Fallsmead Covenants, continue to be an exterior item for ACC special focus. Properly stored trash cans make a huge difference in maintaining an excellent visual appearance in the neighborhood and directly relate to our collective property values. Take a look at some of the surrounding neighborhoods that lack a homeowners’ association and you will immediately see the difference. 
    A trashcan screen can go a long way to solving your trashcan storage problem. They can be constructed attractively, are unobtrusive and are relatively inexpensive. A number of residents have installed such screens either by themselves or using a contractor.
    The ACC encourages those who feel that they have no room in their garage for trashcans to consider this approach. Plans and do-it-yourself videos can be found on the web. Click here to see some examples of neighborhood trashcan screens as examples. If you would like to install a trashcan screen, just remember to obtain ACC approval of your design (see design guidelines in the next paragraph). We will help out any way we can.
    Screens to hide trash and recycling containers are permitted subject to the following:
    • The design, color, size and location are subject to review by the ACC. A gate may be incorporated into the design.
    • Screens may be made of wood or other suitable material in harmony with the Fallsmead community.
    • Screens may be left unpainted to weather or painted to match or complement the Owner’s Private Dwelling Unit.
    • The screen’s height shall not exceed four feet.
    Note: Approved by the Board of Directors in May 2016 and documented in the Minutes for that meeting.
  • chevron_rightHow do I replace my shutters?
    Missing shutters are a high priority issue for the ACC and we strongly encourage residents to replace missing ones quickly. Individual shutter replacements should match those existing. When replacing all shutters on your home, here are guidelines: shutter replacements should be 18” wide and the approximate length of the window opening. They may be of wood, vinyl or composite material and either raised panel or louvered (no mixing styles). Sadly, the typical off-the-shelf vinyl shutters found at the big box hardware stores are too narrow for Fallsmead homes and should not be used. Sources that some residents report having used are Timberlane (timberlane.com), Perfect Fit (perfectfitshutters.com), Legends (legendslifestyle.com), and Shutterland (shutterland.com).
  • chevron_rightWe want to install solar panels on our home's roof. Are solar panels permitted in Fallsmead?
    Yes, rooftop solar panel installations are permitted in Fallsmead in accordance with federal, state and local statutes. A solar panel installation is an exterior addition as defined in the Covenants and as such, must have prior ACC approval and comply with Fallsmead's guidelines for solar installations. The ACC will work cooperatively with residents planning solar panel installations so that those installations are safe, minimize visibility to the extent practical without degrading performance significantly, and are harmonious with Fallsmead's design and aesthetic. Contact the ACC at acc@fallsmead.org if you have any questions about solar panel installations. 
    Note: Approved by the Board of Directors in June 2016 and documented in the Minutes for that meeting.
  • chevron_rightI want to park more cars in my driveway. Can I expand it? How about walkways?
    No, the Fallmead Covenants prohibit the expansion of driveways for the purpose of accommodating additional off-street parking. You may, however, expand your driveway in a limited way to provide improved vehicle entry/exit or to address landscaping issues. You may also install walkways along the driveway provided that they are not used for additional off-street parking and conform to the Guidelines. Driveway expansions and walkways are subject to approval by the ACC.
    These Guidelines are intended to bring attention to the Covenant requirement for submitting driveway expansions for architectural review; to provide and clarify the installation and use of adjacent walkways; and give the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) a basis for decision making when considering the impact of a proposal on the Covenant provision for “…maintaining and enhancing a harmonious design” for all Fallsmead home
    A driveway expansion that accommodates additional off-street parking is prohibited by the Covenants (Article VI, Section 5(a)(ii)). Smaller driveway expansions for the purpose of improved vehicle entry/exit towards the nearest lot line and not exceeding the architectural frontage of the garage structure in that direction using matching material are permitted after ACC review and approval. The driveway expansion must also maintain a gradual taper toward the street so that it meets the driveway apron at a width no wider than that of the top of the apron. Expansion of the driveway apron or intrusion into the City of Rockville’s public right-of-way is prohibited.
    When submitting a Review Request to the ACC for a driveway expansion, the requesting resident must include the length and width measurements of both the existing and proposed driveway measured at both ends along with a statement of intended use, a diagram illustrating the proposal and confirmation that the proposed expansion complies with the City’s zoning requirements regarding maximum front yard impervious surface limitations.
    Driveway replacement or resurfacing using material matching the existing driveway and which keep the same dimensions do not require ACC review and approval. Installation of walkways adjacent to driveways are also permitted with ACC review and approval provided that they are constructed of material (e.g. pavers, brick, slate, stamped concrete) that clearly differentiates from the driveway and in a way so as to comply with the Covenant’s prohibition on additional off-street parking and the City’s maximum front yard impervious surface limitations.
    Note: These Guidelines were approved by the Board of Directors on January 9, 2017.
  • chevron_rightI have to replace my garage door. Are the any design guidelines I need to know about?
    Yes. Garage doors are a major architectural element of Fallsmead homes. Their design must be harmonious with surrounding structures and may be either flat or paneled in design. If a paneled garage door is proposed, panels must be square or rectangular and arranged in horizontal rows. A single row of windows across the top of the door may be included at the option of the homeowner.
    Residents must submit an Architectural Review Request prior to replacing a garage door.
    Note: These Guidelines were approved by the Board of Directors in February 2017.
  • chevron_rightWe are considering changing paint colors on our home’s exterior. Are there pre-approved colors for Fallsmead exteriors?
    There are no pre-approved exterior paint colors in Fallsmead. When considering making an exterior color change, a good place to start is with paint manufacturers’ “colonial” or “Williamsburg” collections. Many colors in these palettes are generally harmonious with the colonial style of Fallsmead homes. 
    When selecting exterior colors, consider the home’s entire color scheme so that, for example, the front door, compliments the shutters, siding, trim and shingles. It’s always a good idea to tour the neighborhood to find out which colors work together and which ones are appealing in similarly styled homes. 
    Please remember, too, that all exterior color changes must be approved by the ACC as stipulated in the Covenants. For more information reference the Fallsmead Covenants Article VI or send a question to acc@fallsmead.org.
  • chevron_rightHow do we communicate with our residents?
    We communicate in many ways, and strive to keep Fallsmead residents informed on all issues impacting our community. Primary communication tools include the following:
    • Fallsmead Forum. The Forum is published four times per year in February, May, September, and December, on the 15th day of those months. The Forum reports on the current status of community projects being handled by the Board and activities of members of the Fallsmead community. The deadline for submitting information for each edition of the forum is on the 8th day of the month in which the Forum is being published. 
    • Neighborhood Emails. We periodically send out emails to those people who have signed up to receive them to share information about what is going on in the neighborhood. You can click on Neighborhood Email List on the Contact Us page to subscribe or unsubscribe from the email list.
    • Fallsmead.org Website. We try our best to keep this website up-to-date so that you can use it to get current updates on events that are happening in Fallsmead. 
    • Fallsmead Neighborhood Facebook Group. You can always follow us on Facebook via our closed Facebook Group for current Fallsmead residents only.
    • Monthly Board Meetings and Semi-Annual Community Meetings. Monthly Board of Directors meetings are usually held on the second Monday of every month. Residents are always welcome to attend these meetings. If you have an issue that you would like to have added to the agenda for the meeting, please contact the HOA President via the HOA President link on the Contact Us page at least seven days before the scheduled Board meeting. There are also Community Meetings held twice per year, usually in the spring and fall. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Notice of these Community Meetings is always included in the Fallsmead Forum, on the Community Message Boards at the entrances to the neighborhood, and on all forms of electronic media. Fallsmead business is discussed at these meetings, and residents are also welcome to ask questions to the Board.
    • Community Message Boards. We occasionally use Community Message Boards, placed at the entrances to the community, to notify residents of ongoing events in the neighborhood.
    • Flyers. We occasionally send around flyers to advertise upcoming events or important neighborhood news.
    • U.S. Mail. Only documents required to be mailed by our Fallsmead governing documents are sent by U.S. mail. This includes our annual dues letters.
    Should you have questions or concerns about neighborhood communications, please use the Communications link on the Contact Us page.
  • chevron_rightHow do I receive neighborhood email updates?
    You can request to be added to the neighborhood email list by going to the Contact Us page on the website and clicking on the Neighborhood Email List link. 
  • chevron_rightCan I follow Fallsmead on social media?
    Yes, we would love for all current residents to join our Fallsmead Neighborhood Group on Facebook! Click here for our Fallsmead Neighborhood Facebook Group (which is a closed Facebook Group for current Fallsmead residents only), or you can access it using the Facebook button on the Home Page.  
  • chevron_rightHow do I contact Fallsmead Board Members or Committee Chairs?
    There are two easy ways to contact Fallsmead Board Members and Committee Chairs.
    First, you can go to the Contact Us page here on Fallsmead.org and select who you want to contact from the "Send To" dropdown menu.
    Second, you can send an email message directly to certain Board Member HOA officers and Board Chairs using the Fallsmead.org email addresses. Following is a list of current Fallsmead.org email addresses:
    Fallsmead Sharks
    Grounds and Maintenance
    Pool Committee
    Print Directory/Website
    Social Committee
    Fallsmead Email List
  • chevron_rightCan I access old editions of the Fallsmead Forum?
    Yes!  You can access editions of the Fallsmead Forum all the way back to 1969 by clicking here.
    We don't have copies of every edition of the Forum ever printed, and some of the ones that we do have are incomplete. If you happen to have any of the following Forums, or one that you don't see in the Archives, please let us know by clicking on the Contact Us page and selecting the Website link so we can get a copy from you and add it to the Archives:
    • Any Forum from 1969 through 1974
    • Any Forum January, or anything after July, in 1976
    • Any Forum after March in 1977
    • Any Forum after October in 1981 or 1982
    • Any Forum after September in 1986
  • chevron_rightWhat is the deadline for paying my association dues?
    Your Fallsmead Homes Corporation dues need to be paid annually by April 1st.
  • chevron_rightWhere do I mail my association dues?
    Fallsmead Homes Corporation
    PO Box 1565
    Rockville, MD 20849-1565
  • chevron_rightCan I pay my dues any other way than by check?
    No. At present, the only way you can pay your dues is by mailing a check (either yourself or via your bank) to Fallsmead Homes Corporation.
  • chevron_rightCan I get copies of neighborhood financial documents?
    Yes. The current Fallsmead Homes Corporation budget and the Fallsmead Homes Corporation Monthly Financial Reports are available on our Documents & Forms page in the Finance section. Fallsmead residents can request copies of other neighborhood financial documents by using the Finance link on the Contact Us page.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get my official HOA Resale Documents if I am selling my house?
    If you are planning on selling your Fallsmead home, there are two things you need to do to fulfill Fallsmead Homeowners Association (HOA) requirements: 1) request the packet of official HOA Resale Documents from the Board Treasurer and 2) obtain a resales clearance from the Architectural Control Committee (ACC).
    HOA Resale Documents
    Once you have a sales contract on your home, please contact our neighborhood Treasurer at treasurer@fallsmead.org and request the packet of official HOA Resale Documents that will be required at settlement.
    The fee for the HOA documents is $100. You can submit a payment for your HOA resale documents by either 1) sending a check made payable to "Fallsmead Homes Corporation" to Fallsmead Homes Corporation, PO Box 1565, Rockville, MD 20849-1565 or 2) submitting a payment online via PayPal or credit card on our Online Payments page.
    As soon as your payment is received, the Treasurer will alert the ACC that a resales clearance inspection of your house needs to be conducted. This inspection needs to be completed before the Treasurer can release the official Homeowners Association Resale Documents
    ACC Resales Clearance
    Once the Treasurer alerts the ACC as noted above, an ACC representative will inspect the exterior of your home to ensure that it complies with the Covenants’ architectural standards, that there have been no unapproved changes, and that it is free of any exterior maintenance defects and prohibited items or activities.
    Usually, the ACC can inspect a home within 72 hours of notification. Following the inspection, the ACC will provide a report to the Treasurer noting items, if any, that must be addressed by the owners before the home can be re-inspected and cleared for resale. Otherwise, if the inspection finds nothing amiss, the ACC will clear the property for resale and the Treasurer will release the HOA documents. An ACC resale inspection is good for 60 days, after which the home must be re-inspected.
    If you have questions about the ACC's role in the sales process, feel free to contact the ACC at acc@fallsmead.org.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the pool hours?
    Click here to see the pool hours for the current season.
  • chevron_rightWhat do I need to do to check in at the pool?
    Residents may enter the pool and use the facilities upon presentation of a State-issued identification card, verification of their identity through the Community's Pool Access System, or a Resident's confirmation of the residency status of minor children under their supervision. Pool management may ask anyone using the pool to show identification at any time. 
    The web-based Community Pool Access System is called Membersplash. This system is provided by the Board as an alternative to carrying State issued identification to the pool, and to help inform Board decisions relating to pool use, maintenance, and operations. Residents electing to use the system will be asked to store photographs and address information in the system.
    Membersplash can be accessed securely via the the MemberSplash website (www.fallsmead.membersplash.com).
    If you have any questions about or problems with your Membersplash account, or if you would like to request a new Membersplash account, please contact the Pool Committee by clicking on the Contact Us page and selecting the Pool link or by emailing pool@fallsmead.org.
  • chevron_rightCan I bring guests to the pool?
    As stated in the Pool Rules, individuals identified in Article IV of the “Fallsmead Homes Corporation By-laws and Covenants” are entitled to use the pool and adjoining facilities. This includes Corporation Members (i.e., owners of Private Dwelling Units), the family of Members residing in Private Dwelling Units, and tenants whose name(s) has been provided in writing to the secretary of the Corporation (all henceforward referred to as Residents).
    The Board provides for the conditional, restricted use of the pool by three additional groups of individuals: a) Non-resident Visiting Family Members, b) Non-Resident Care Providers (including “nannies” and Au Pairs), and c) Guests. Anyone who is not a resident and is not covered by a group defined below is defined as a “Guest.” The conditions and restrictions applicable to each group are provided below.
    Visiting Family Members: Residents may request temporary access to the pool for family members that do not reside with them and who are visiting. The names of the visiting family members, along with the time period for which access is requested (not to exceed thirty (30) days), must be submitted to the Pool Committee online by clicking here to access the online request form or via email at pool@fallsmead.org. Complimentary Non-resident Pool Passes (one per visiting family member) will be provided to the Resident (a copy will also be stored at the pool check-in desk). This pass should be presented by the visiting family members when using the pool.

    Non-Resident Care ProvidersResidents may request temporary access to the pool for non-resident care providers – including “nannies or Au Pairs” - retained by the Resident to care for one or more resident family members. The name of the care provider should be submitted to the Pool Committee online by clicking here to access the online request form or via email at pool@fallsmead.org. A complimentary Non-resident Pool Pass will be provided to the Resident (a copy will also be stored at the pool check-in desk). This pass should be presented by the Non-Resident Care Provider when using the pool. Access privileges terminate when the Non-Resident Care Provider no longer provides care for the Resident.
    Guests: Residents may purchase a Non-resident Pool Pass to bring a guest to the pool. The cost is $2 per guest. Guest passes can be purchased in increments of 5 passes ($10). Passes can be purchased at the Pool office by cash or check made out to Fallsmead Homes Corporation. (NOTE: All guests under the age of 8 years will be admitted at no charge.) Guests must always be accompanied by a Resident, who will be responsible for the behavior of the guests at all times. Guest Privileges are not intended to provide swimming on a continuous basis for individuals residing outside of Fallsmead. Guest passes will be good from year to year subject to any future restrictions.
  • chevron_rightCan I eat while I am at the pool?
    Food, candy, non-alcoholic beverages, loose paper, etc. are not allowed inside the bath house or the pool deck immediately adjacent to the pool. Food and candy may only be consumed within designated areas. Picnic tables will be provided in these areas.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a safety break, and what does that mean to me?
    There will be a ten (10) minute safety break each hour. During that time, ALL members and guests will refrain from using the pool with the exception of the use of Lanes 5 and 6. Lanes 5 and 6 will remain open and may be used ONLY for lap swimming during this time. NOTE: During this period, lifeguards will not be manning the short chair that is positioned to observe the beach entry of the pool.
  • chevron_rightWhat do I do if I accidentally leave or lose something at the pool?
    The management company or the Fallsmead Homes Corporation assumes no responsibility for the safeguarding of or damage to personal property. A “lost-and-found” bin is maintained to store items left at the pool. Lost articles must be claimed by the 15th and 30th of the month. Any articles not claimed will be donated to charity.
  • chevron_rightCan I have a private party at the pool?
    Adult Fallsmead Residents in good standing may reserve the picnic area for private events or parties on a conditional basis. Evening parties should end by midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, and by 10:00 p.m. other days. Private events or parties can only be scheduled after Memorial Day weekend and before Labor Day weekend (and not on holidays).
    Residents who submit requests to reserve the picnic area will be afforded priority over those residents who have not submitted such a request. Residents MUST submit a reservation request to reserve the picnic area for parties or events. Residents also MUST submit a reservation request when: a) more than 10 non-resident guests or family members will be using the pool, b) the Resident seeks to extend the pool hours beyond the scheduled hours of operation, or c) 20 or more participants will be in attendance– the number requiring dedicated lifeguards to monitor the event.
    Residents are also requested to notify the pool in advance when they plan to have a large number of guests (between 5 and 10) to make sure that adequate staff are available to accommodate both their planned guests, as well as any other concurrently scheduled events.

    Residents must submit requests to host events or parties at the pool AND provide payment at least 2 weeks in advance of the proposed date of the party or event. Such requests must be approved by the Pool Committee and payment must be received prior to confirmation of booking. 
    Sponsoring Residents must be present during the entire period of the event. Reservation Requests will not be approved during periods when the pool is being used for pre-approved and posted community events (include swim team meets or community parties).
    Pool party requests can be submitted in three ways: 1) using the online Pool Party Request Form here on Fallsmead.org; 2) submitting a request form via email to pool@fallsmead.org; or 3) submitting a completed request form to the Fallsmead pool office. A downloadable hard copy Pool Party Reservation form can be accessed by clicking here or can be obtained from the pool manager or assistant manager.
    Events conducted during scheduled pool hours will be limited to no more than 20 participants. The fee will be $15.00 per hour. Events conducted when the pool is closed will be charged a fee of $35 per hour per lifeguard. A minimum of two lifeguards is required for any such event. Events with more than 50 attendees or with a large number of young children require three or four lifeguards – to be determined by the pool manager. The event reservation fee must be paid in advance by check made out to Fallsmead Homes Corporation.
    Sponsoring Residents are responsible for cleaning up the pool and facility areas used during the event.
    Rain dates for pool events may not be scheduled for consecutive days of the weekend.
    All pool rules are to be observed during private parties. NO GLASS IS ALLOWED.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the pool phone number and address?
    1824 Greenplace Terrace
    Rockville, MD 20850
    (301) 279-0082
  • chevron_rightWho do I talk to if I have questions or concerns about the pool?
    The pool manager is responsible for - and has full authority for - the day to day operation of the facility. He/She is responsible for enforcement of pool rules. Members should direct any complaints to the on-duty pool manager and not to the lifeguards or attendants. In addition, a comment log will be available at the pool for all members to address issues in writing. NOTE: The pool manager and staff, as part of the management corporation, are working with our community to make the swim season safe and enjoyable. Please treat them with the respect that such an endeavor demands. If there are unresolved issues or questions regarding any aspect of pool operations, please contact the Pool Committee by clicking on the Pool link on the Contact Us page or via email at pool@fallsmead.org.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the tennis/pickleball court hours?
    The tennis/pickleball courts are available for use from dawn to dusk with the following limits:
    • Court 1 Tennis: 8:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m.
    • Court 2 Tennis: 8:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m. 
    • Court 2A Pickleball (closest to the pool): 9:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m.
    • Court 2B Pickleball (furthest from the pool): 9:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m. 
  • chevron_rightWhat are the tennis/pickleball court rules?
    Click here for current Fallsmead tennis/pickleball rules.
  • chevron_rightHow do I reserve court times?
    Reservations must be made by a Fallsmead resident and at least one Fallsmead resident must be present on each court.  
    • Court 1 can be reserved and used only for tennis. Tennis use starts no earlier than 8:00 a.m. daily.
    • Courts 2A (closest to the pool) and 2B (furthest from the pool) are reserved individually for pickleball or together for tennis (when both are available). Pickleball use starts no earlier than 9:00 a.m. daily.
    Reservations can be made on the Reservations page up to 2 weeks in advance. Just click on "View Availability;" select your preferred date, time, and court; and submit your choice to make your reservation. After you make an online court reservation, you will receive a confirmation email that will include the court lock combination. The lock combination is changed frequently and a new reservation is required every time you use the courts.
    Each Fallsmead family may reserve court times for a maximum of 4 hours of Prime-Time, and 4 hours of Nonprime-Time per week; but no more than 2 hours on a single day. Additional time may be reserved on the day of use if the courts are available.
    • Prime-Time: Monday to Friday from 5:00 pm until dark. All day Saturday, Sunday and holidays
    • Nonprime-Time: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
    If you will not need to use your court reservation, please cancel it so others can use the courts. You can track or delete your court reservation by clicking on "My Reservations" on the main Reservations page at Fallsmead.org.
    Reserved courts must be claimed within ten minutes of the scheduled time or any resident may use the court for the remainder of the hour.
  • chevron_rightCan I track my court reservations on the website?
    You can track or delete your court reservation by clicking on "My Reservations" on the main Reservations page at Fallsmead.org. If you will not need to use your court reservation, please cancel it so others can use the courts.
  • chevron_rightWhat racket sports can I play on the courts?
    Fallsmead residents can play tennis, pickleball, and wallball on the Fallsmead courts. Kids “wall-ball” is permitted on Court 2B when the court is not being used.
    • Court 1 (the court on the side of the entry gate) may only be used for tennis (at all times). It is marked with white lines with regulation tennis court dimensions for tennis play only.
    • Court 2/Court 2A and Court 2B (the courts closest to the creek) may be used for pickleball, tennis, or the practice wall. The court is marked with white lines for tennis and with blue lines for pickleball. 
    Use of the courts or practice wall are not approved for lacrosse, street hockey, scooters, skateboards, bicycles, hoverboards, or rollerblades.
  • chevron_rightWhat can I NOT do on the courts?
    The courts are approved for use for tennis and pickleball. Kid’s “wall-ball” (with a soft ball such as tennis ball) is permitted when Court 2B is not reserved. Use of the courts or practice wall are not approved for lacrosse, street hockey, scooters, skateboards, bicycles, hoverboards, or rollerblades. 
  • chevron_rightWhy are there blue lines on Court 2?
    Court 2 (the court closest to the creek), is lined for both tennis and pickleball. Court 2 is marked with white lines for tennis and with blue lines for pickleball.  
    Court 2 is marked for two pickleball courts (Court 2A and 2B); one on each side of the tennis net. Portable nets are available for pickleball use.
  • chevron_rightWhat is pickleball? Where can I find information about it?
    Pickleball is a paddle sport played on a court roughly half the size of a tennis court. The pickleball net is a little lower than a tennis net. Pickleball is a social and competitive sport played by young and old and has become popular in Fallsmead.
    If you are buying new paddles, please consider selecting those that have a “low noise” rating when available.
    Information on how to play can be readily found on the web along with game rules. View the official pickleball tournament rules handbook by clicking here.
  • chevron_rightAre there lessons or activities going on?
    The Fallsmead courts are not to be used for recurring individual or group lessons. However, Fallsmead residents may schedule a tennis lesson at the Fallsmead courts with a certified instructor on an occasional basis provided that a notification is sent to the Tennis Committee. A court reservation is still required for each use. Please submit notifications to tennis@fallsmead.org.
    Tennis and pickleball group events like “drop by Thursday night doubles” or “round-robin tournaments” may be planned by Fallsmead residents provided that a notification is sent to the Tennis Committee. A court reservation is still required for each use. Please submit notifications to tennis@fallsmead.org.
Trash and Recycling
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for recycling and refuse collection in Fallsmead?
    The City of Rockville is responsible for all recycling and refuse collection for Fallsmead. Click here for more detailed information about Rockville's refuse and recycling programs. 
  • chevron_rightWhat is our trash pick-up day, and what time may I put out trash?
    Recycling, refuse, and yard waste are collected in our neighborhood once per week on Tuesday mornings. Place your brown recycling and gray refuse carts at the curb the night before collection, but no later than 6:00 a.m. on collection day. Place yard waste at the curb in paper lawn bags or 32-gallon trash cans the night before or by 6:00 a.m. on collection day. Branches should be placed in a pile on the ground. Large piles of branches and trees will be collected by the end of the week, as this requires special equipment. Place carts with wheels to the curb and the lid opening to the street. After collection, carts must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
  • chevron_rightIs trash picked up on government holidays that fall on our regular pick-up day?
    Recycling and refuse WILL NOT be collected on the following holidays: 
    • New Year's Day
    • Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
    • Memorial Day
    • Independence Day
    • Labor Day
    • Thanksgiving Day
    • Christmas Day 
    If a holiday falls on a weekday and your regularly scheduled collection day is on or after the holiday, your collection will shift forward by one day (i.e., if one of these holidays falls on a Monday or Tuesday, our collection day will be moved to Wednesday).
  • chevron_rightWhat is the difference between the brown and the gray carts, and what do I put in each?
    The city-provided gray cart is for household refuse. Refuse is everything that fits inside the cart that is not recycling, yard waste, bulk refuse and metal recycling, hazardous waste, or electronics. Place excess bags of refuse next to the cart. Place trash in plastic trash bags before placing them inside the cart. Items considered as refuse include batteries, clam-shell take-out containers, styrofoam, and light bulbs. Click here for more information.
    The city-provided brown cart is for recycling. Rockville operates a curbside single-stream and expanded plastics recycling program. Recycling items can be mixed together. Place oversized plastic items that will not fit in the cart next to the cart. Items that are accepted as recycling items include aluminum products, metal food and beverage containers, glass bottles and jars, cardboard, mixed paper, plastic bottles, jugs, rigid plastics, and plastic bags. Click here for more information.
  • chevron_rightHow do I put out yard waste (grass cuttings, etc.) for collection?
    Rockville operates a curbside yard waste collection program. Place your yard waste in biodegradable paper lawn bags or 32-gallon trash cans (weight must be 50 pounds or less). Place branches, trees, and stumps at the curb in an unobstructed area. Click here for more information. 
  • chevron_rightWhat will the City of Rockville NOT pick up as part of regular trash collections? What do I do then?
    Bulk refuse, metal, household hazardous waste, and electronics are all collected by appointment. Click here for more detailed information. 
    All recycling and refuse items that do not fit into your brown and gray carts (including bulky items and metal such as appliances, furniture, propane tanks, and fencing) can be picked up by calling 240-314-8568 and scheduling an appointment. Residents can receive six of these special collections annually.
    Rockville provides electronics (e.g., cell phones, computers, digital cameras, cords/cables, and televisions) recycling collection. Call 240-314-8568 to schedule an appointment. Place items at the curb in an unobstructed area on the day of your appointment.
    For items such as cleaning chemicals, oil-based paint, and motor oil, call 240-314-8568 to schedule a collection appointment. Instructions for how to set materials out for collection will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
  • chevron_rightHow are my fall and spring leaves collected?
    Leaf vacuuming occurs during the first two weeks of April and between October and December. Rake leaves to the curb one or two days before your scheduled vacuuming. Remove limbs, rocks, and other objects. Click here for specific collection dates. After these dates, leaves may still be set out in paper lawn bags or 32-gallon trash cans with yard waste at the curb on your regular collection day.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get new, different, or additional refuse or recycling carts?
    Call 240-314-8568 for assistance. Recycling and refuse carts are available in a choice of four sizes: 32, 48, 64, and 96 gallons. It is recommended that households choose cart sizes to handle the largest expected recycling and refuse weeks of the year, such as holidays or when hosting guests. Households may get as many as two carts of each type.
  • chevron_rightWhat do I do with my carts if I move?
    Carts are the property of the City of Rockville. When you move, call 240-314-8568 to arrange for your carts to be picked up. There will be a charge for carts that are not returned.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact with questions about trash collection?
    Call the Recycling and Refuse Division at 240-314-8568 weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to report a missed collection or damaged/missing cart, obtain more information, or provide comments.